Chesapeake, VA | April 9, 2014: ABNB Federal Credit Union held its 54th Annual Business Meeting on Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at its Corporate Operations Center in Chesapeake, VA. During this meeting, Mary Ann Melchers, Chairman of the Board for ABNB, reported 2013 year end assets had grown by over 4% from 2012.
Highlights from the 2013 annual meeting include:
- Tom McAndrews, Marvin Brangan and Barbara Geraghty elected to the board of directors for a three year term
- Opening of ABNB’s newest branch, Chesson, on the corner of Church and 18th Street in Norfolk
- Honest to Goodness Savings Campaign, saving ABNB members over $12 million by refinancing high interest loans at a lower, honest rate
- Raising over $80,000 for Children’s Hospital of the Kings Daughters during ABNBs 10th Annual Fishing Fest
- Henry Ruhl, ABNBs Supervisory Committee Chairman, became Director Emeritus. Mr. Ruhl has been a member of the ABNB Supervisory Committee since 1982, and became its chairman in 1988.
Melchers concluded this years meeting by saying; “I thank all for your loyalty and support to ABNB. Together we will continue to grow as a very important part of the community in which we live and work. Remember ABNB is open for all in the community, honest in our dealings, and hard working for our membership.”