COME ABOARD FOR OUR 15th ANNUAL FISHING FEST EVENT!
If you've enjoyed our annual fishing event, don't fret! We're still continuing our Annual Fishing Fest Event! On Friday, June 22, 2018 our boats will depart into the Chesapeake Bay for a half day of fishing and fun! Plus, there will be a lot of great raffle prizes to be won...tickets to local theme parks and concerts, gift certificates to local restaurants, and a ton of items from local merchants.
The Fishing Fest is ABNB's annual fundraising event that we've hosted for the past 14 years, raising over $500,000 for the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters!
Each year this event grows with more and more donations and the number of anglers that attend....and we hope you'll join us this year, too! Here's what you can expect on the day of the Fishing Fest:
Morning of Fishing Fest:
- 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. You'll arrive at the Virginia Beach Fishing Center for registration. This is where you'll receive your welcome goodie bags and will be directed to your fishing vessel.
- 8:00 a.m. The boats will depart the Fishing Center and begin heading out to the Chesapeake Bay! Plus, raffle tickets will be available for purchase!
- 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. The captain of your boat will do their best to put you right on top of the best fishing spots! Each angler will be provided their own fishing pole and bait, so you can start fishing as soon as the captain gives you the go ahead! And not to worry if fishing isn't normally your thing....the mates on the boat will be there to bait your hooks and retrieve the fish when you catch one, if you'd like the help!
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. On the way back to the Fishing Center, a boxed lunch will be provided alongside a fun awards ceremony will take place for the children, to reward them for their catches of the day. Trophies are given out for the: Ugliest Fish, Prettiest Fish, Biggest 'Tale', and Most Fish!
- 12:00 Once boats arrive back at the Fishing Center, you'll be able to claim your raffle prizes!
All tackle, bait, fish bags, and fishing licenses are provided, but feel free to bring your own! Plus, you'll be served continental breakfast aboard your vessel. Lunch will also be provided!
Afternoon Pirate Cruise:
- 1:00 p.m. Join us for another exciting adventure on our Pirate Boat, a fun family-friendly cruise with swashbuckling entertainment! Snacks provided on-board.
Each year at Fishing Fest, we hold a raffle drawing, which includes a ton of fun, valuable prizes! Thanks to the generosity of local organizations and businesses, we have so many raffle prizes, that almost everyone walks away with something!
How much are the raffle tickets?
Raffle tickets are sold for $5 per ticket OR get 5 raffle tickets for $20!
Fishing Fest Chartered Fishing
Date: June 22, 2018
Time: Registration starts at 7:00am for 8:00am departure.
Place: Virginia Beach Fishing Center, corner of 5th Street and Pacific Avenue at the Oceanfront
Pirate Boat Cruise
Date: June 22, 2018
Time: 1:00pm departure.
Place: Capt. Jack's Pirate Ship Adventures 308 Mediterranean Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Cost to Attend
- 1 Single Chartered Fishing Boat Ticket - $65
- 1 Single Chartered Fishing Boat Ticket (day of event registration) - $70 per person
- 2 Chartered Fishing Boat Tickets - $120 (+$50 for each additional person)
- 1 Single Pirate Boat Cruise Ticket - $25
- 1 Fishing and Pirate Boat Combo - $80
Register through Your ABNB Account
Register Via Credit Card
The deadline to register is Thursday, June 21, 2018 at 2:00 PM.
Make a Donation
We sincerely thank you for considering making a donation to our 2018 F.I.S.H. Fest! It's thanks to the generosity of our ABNB members and the Hampton Roads community that help us in successfully supporting Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters.
Below, you may choose to donate directly through your ABNB account!
Donate from your ABNB Account
If you or your company would like to be a sponsor for our 2018 F.I.S.H. Fest, click here to see our various sponsorship options!
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 757-523-5372
Look out for more events, such as:
- Paint Night: We will be hosting our Paint Night Fundraising event at Fired Up Sports Bar & Grill, where attendees can enjoy a family-friendly afternoon of painting, light refreshments, and an on-site raffle! All ages can join us Sat. June 16th at Fired Up Sports Bar & Grill (1715 Harpers Rd. in Virginia Beach) for this event. Click here for tickets and registration!
- Fish Fry: Details to come!
- Golfing Tournament: Wrapping up our festival of fundraising events with a special community golf tournament on Friday October 5th, 2018! Additional details to come! Golf Tournament will be October 5th with sponsorships and foursomes available through ABNB at the Cahoon Plantation