Free & Easy Checking
Free & Easy Checking
If you're looking for a checking account that's free and provides a wide array of benefits, you've come to the right place. Welcome to Free & Easy Checking!
Free & Easy Checking
*APY= Annual Percentage Yield
- Refunds on ATM fees nationwide (up to $25 monthly)
- No minimum balance required
- Unlimited transactions
- No monthly service fee
- Free E-Services Package
- Free Online Banking
- Free Mobile Banking with free Mobile Deposit
- Free Visa debit card
- Free Bill Pay
- Free Popmoney
- Free Apple Pay®, Samsung Pay® and Google Pay®
- Free eStatements
- Free Security Package
- Free SecurLock App for debit or credit cards
- Free E-Lerts
- Free credit report when you open account (optional)
In the event that the funds in your checking account are insufficient, overdraft protection provides peace of mind.
- From Your Savings Account. In accordance with federal regulations, you may transfer up to six times per month from any savings account designated to cover non-sufficient funds. You must choose the overdraft option to be active.**
- From Your Overdraft Line of Credit. Alternately, you may apply for an ongoing Line-of-Credit. The interest rate for the Line-of-Credit depends on your credit qualifications. You must choose the overdraft option and specify which account will provide the primary overdraft funds.
- Courtesy Pay. The Courtesy Pay program is offered on qualified checking accounts. Courtesy Pay is an overdraft program that provides added financial security and peace of mind. Courtesy Pay is a privilege service and not a loan; it is not tied to a note, line of credit, or savings option. When you enroll and qualify in Courtesy Pay you can overdraw your share draft checking accounts to a pre-set limit, and retain this privilege by bringing your checking account to a positive balance within a designated time limit.
Courtesy Pay is activated only after available funds in other share/savings accounts that you have previously set up for overdraft protection have been transferred to clear checking account items. ABNB may honor overdrafts of individual share draft checking accounts subject to certain conditions and limitations as set forth in the following policy:
Maximum Overdraft Protection Limits
- $100 for new accounts less than 45 days
- $600 for accounts 46 days or older
- Members who have opted in to Courtesy Pay, and
- Have a regular deposit of at least $50.00 per month, and
- Bring the account to a positive balance at least once every 30 days
- Accounts must be in good standing
- Courtesy Pay is limited to one checking account per primary member
- ABNB charged-off, garnished and/or bankruptcy accounts
- Currently delinquent 30 days or more on loans
- Currently negative account balance over 30 days
- Accounts that have gone delinquent on loans within the first 45 days, or had a negative balance for more than ten days will be permanently disqualified from Courtesy Pay
- Enrolled in Debt Management Program
- Under 18 years of age
- Business/commercial accounts
- Bad address
- Estate/trust accounts
- Other negative account activities at Management's discretion
- Checking account declined by Chex Systems
Overdraft Protection and Fee Information
- Courtesy Pay fees — $29 per item
There is no interest charged on any overdraft or unpaid overdraft charge. There will be no late charges or other fees other than the overdraft fee.
- The following service channels are included for overdraft protection:
- Bill Pay
- ACH debits
- One-time debit card transactions
Courtesy Pay limits are included in the “available balance” authorizations on Visa Debit Card transactions only. The Courtesy Pay limit is not disclosed to members on any other type of transaction or available balance information, i.e. ATMs, Self-Service Telephone Banking, Online Banking, etc.
*Overdraft Protection Plan. If we have approved an overdraft protection plan for your account, we will honor checks drawn on insufficient funds by transferring funds from another account under this Agreement or a loan account, as you have directed, or as required under the Credit Union’s overdraft protection policy. The fee for overdraft transfers, if any, is set forth in the Truth-In-Savings Disclosure. This Agreement governs all transfers, except those governed by agreements for loan accounts.
**If, on any day, the funds in your savings account are not sufficient to cover checks, fees or other items posted to your account, we may pay or return the overdraft in accordance with our overdraft policy or an overdraft protection plan you have with us. The Credit Union’s determination of an insufficient account balance may be made at any time between presentation and the Credit Union’s midnight deadline with only one review of the account required. We do not have to notify you if your account does not have funds to cover checks, fees or other posted items. Whether the item is paid or returned, your account may be subject to a charge as set forth in the Truth-in-Savings Disclosure. Except as otherwise agreed in writing, we, by covering one or any overdraft, do not agree to cover overdrafts in the future and may discontinue covering overdrafts at any time without notice. If we pay a check or impose a fee that would otherwise overdraw your account, you agree to pay the overdrawn amount in accordance with our overdraft policy.
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rates accurate as of 05/12/2020. Rates subject to change without notice. Fees could reduce earnings. No minimum balance to earn dividends.