Date: June 27, 2016
Time: Registration starts at 7:00am for 8:00am departure.
Place: Virginia Beach Fishing Center, corner of 5th Street and Pacific Avenue at the Oceanfront
Cost to Attend
Half Day Charter + Luncheon Cost
- $65 per person
- $120 for two (+$50 for each additional person)
- $50 for children
- Day of Event Registration - $70 per person
All tackle, bait, fish bags, and fishing licenses are provided, but feel free to bring your own! Plus, you'll be served continental breakfast aboard your vessel. Lunch will also be provided!
We're excited to have you join us! Please select below which payment method you will be using:
Credit Card ABNB Account
The deadline to register is Friday, June 24, 2016 at 2:00 PM.
Make a Donation
We sincerely thank you for considering making a donation to the 13th Annual Fishing Fest! It's thanks to the generosity of our ABNB members and the Hampton Roads community that help us in successfully supporting Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters.
Below, you may choose to donate directly through your ABNB account or your credit card.
Donate by Credit Card
(Credit card payments will be handled through our trusted credit card processor.)
Donate Using Your ABNB Account
If you have any questions, please call 757-523-5389.
Fishing Fest is ABNB's annual fundraising event that we've put on for the past 12 years, raising over $250,000 for the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters!
Each year this event grows with more and more donations and the number of anglers that attend....and we hope you'll join us this year, too! Not sure what to expect? Read on to find out exactly what a day at Fishing Fest is like!
The Day Of
- 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. You'll arrive at the Virginia Beach Fishing Center for registration. This is where you'll receive your welcome goodie bag (we can't spoil the surprise!), can enjoy the entertainment provided by our radio sponsors (Z104, 94.9 The Point, 95.7 R&B, and 2WD), and will be directed to your fishing vessel.
- 8:00 a.m. The boats will depart the Fishing Center and begin heading out to the Chesapeake Bay! During the ride out, enjoy the view and a continental breakfast. Plus, raffle tickets will be available for purchase!
- 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. The captain of your boat will do their best to put you right on top of the best fishing spots! Each angler will be provided their own fishing pole and bait, so you can start fishing as soon as the captain gives you the go ahead! And not to worry if fishing isn't normally your thing....the mates on the boat will be there to bait your hooks and retrieve the fish when you catch one, if you'd like the help!
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. On the way back to the Fishing Center, lunch will be served. Plus, a fun awards ceremony will take place for the children, to reward them for their catches of the day. Trophies are given out for the: Ugliest Fish, Prettiest Fish, Biggest 'Tale', and Most Fish!
- 12:00 Once boats arrive back at the Fishing Center, you'll be able to claim your raffle prizes before heading home for the day!
Each year at Fishing Fest, we hold a raffle drawing at the luncheon, which includes a ton of fun, valuable prizes! Thanks to the generosity of local organizations and businesses, we have so many raffle prizes, that almost everyone walks away with something!
How much are the raffle tickets?
Raffle tickets are sold for $5 per ticket OR get 5 raffle tickets for $20!
What kind of prizes are there?
Here's an idea of the type of prizes you could win!
- 4-pack of tickets to Water Country
- 4-pack of tickets to Busch Gardens
- 4-pack of tickets to the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center
- 4-pack of tickets to the Norfolk Zoo
- Nautica Sunglasses
- $50 WaWa giftcards
- 4-pack of tickets to Cinema Cafe
- $50 Aldo's giftcard
- Cooking class at the Young Chef's Academy
- $25 HK on the Bay giftcard
- $25 Traditions Grill giftcard
....and so much more!
All children ages 12 and under are invited to submit their works of art, featuring creatures of the sea to be considered for this year's Fishing Fest t-shirt!
How To Enter
All drawings submitted for the contest should be no larger than a sheet of 8.5" x 11" paper with the following information attached:
- Artist's Name
- Artist's Age
- Guardian's Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Drawings may be submitted in the following ways:
- Mail to: ABNB Federal Credit Union, Attn: Marketing, 830 Greenbrier Circle, Chesapeake, VA 23320
- In person: Drawings may be dropped off at your nearest local ABNB branch location.
- Email: High resolution, full color scans of drawings may be emailed to email@example.com
All drawings are due by Friday, May 20th to be eligible!
How To Win
All drawings submitted will be posted to our ABNB Facebook page for voting! Voting will take place starting Monday, May 23rd and will close Friday, May 27th at 5:00 p.m. on the ABNB Facebook page! To make your vote, just sign into your Facebook account, then hit 'Like' on your favorite drawing!
When the time comes, be sure to share your drawing with friends and family to get it the most votes!
The winning drawing will win:
- 2 tickets to attend this year's Fishing Fest with VIP treatment!
- Plus, their drawing will appear on this year's t-shirt, which every attendee receives!
If you have any questions about this contest, please contact us at 757-523-5364.