Fishing Fest is ABNB's annual fundraising event that we've put on for the past 11 years, raising over $250,000 for the Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters!
Each year this event grows with more and more donations and the number of anglers that attend....and we hope you'll join us this year, too! Not sure what to expect? Read on to find out exactly what a day at Fishing Fest is like!
The Day Of
- 7:00 - 8:00 a.m. You'll arrive at the Virginia Beach Fishing Center for registration. This is where you'll receive your welcome goodie bag (we can't spoil the surprise!), can enjoy the entertainment provided by our radio sponsors (Z104, 94.9 The Point, 95.7 R&B, and 2WD), and will be directed to your fishing vessel.
- 8:00 a.m. The boats will depart the Fishing Center and begin heading out to the Chesapeake Bay! During the ride out, enjoy the view and a continental breakfast. Plus, raffle tickets will be available for purchase!
- 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. The captain of your boat will do their best to put you right on top of the best fishing spots! Each angler will be provided their own fishing pole and bait, so you can start fishing as soon as the captain gives you the go ahead! And not to worry if fishing isn't normally your thing....the mates on the boat will be there to bait your hooks and retrieve the fish when you catch one, if you'd like the help!
- 11:30 a.m. On the way back to the Fishing Center, a fun awards ceremony will take place for the children, to reward them for their catches of the day. Trophies are given out for the: Ugliest Fish, Prettiest Fish, Biggest 'Tale', and Most Fish!
- 12:00 p.m. Boats arrive back at the Fishing Center. All anglers will head across the street where the luncheon will be set up.
- 12:00 - 1:30 p.m. The luncheon will include a barbeque lunch provided by Mobile Pig-Nic. Raffle prizes will be given away and entertainment will be provided by our radio sponsors. The luncheon will wrap up with our CHKD Champion Child's family giving a short talk about how CHKD has benefitted their family, a nice reminder of why we're all there, and what a great organization is that we're supporting!